Friday, October 8, 2010

Thought for the Day

"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."  Cyril Connolly

Sometimes when I'm sitting in front of my computer thinking about what I want to write next, I get so frustrated because I start to think about what everyone else is going to want to read, not about what I want to write.  At that point, I have to remind myself that I didn't start writing for everyone else.  I started writing for me.

If you're writing for anybody but you, you're not going to be happy with your work, and your heart won't be in it.  But if you're writing for you, it won't matter if thousands of people read it, or if two people do.  You wrote what you wanted, and that will be something that you'll be proud of.

Megg

2 comments:

  1. Very true! Sometimes we get so caught up in wondering what's going to sell, what the publishers want to see, and so on, that we lose sight of our own passions and inclinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, where's a new post?

    Just askin'.

    ReplyDelete