Monday, October 18, 2010

Goal: 3000 words

So I've been home for over five hours now...and feel like I have gotten absolutely nothing accomplished (and when it comes to my writing...well...that's because I haven't).  I mean, sure, I've done chores, such as laundry, cleaning and straightening the house, fixing dinner (and then eating said dinner), but my plans to come home from lunch and spend the rest of the day working on my book?  FAIL.

So, I am dedicating the rest of the night to writing (after this post, of course).  It finally seems like everything is coming together in terms of figuring out my outline, the conflicts I want my characters to face, and the plot itself.  So why after everything starts making sense and piecing together, can I not just sit down and work?

My goal for tonight is 3000 words (an awful lot, considering that a couple weeks ago, I set a goal of 1000 words a day for myself...but since I haven't been really sticking to that, I am forcing myself to make up for it.) And truly, 3000 words isn't too bad...I could be making myself write 5000 words...but let's not get carried away.  Surely, I would get distracted on Facebook or Twitter and never get near that much done (Let's hope the same thing doesn't happen anyway with the 3000 word goal).  

I guess I have rambled long enough, and I should really get to work, but for the sake of feeling like I have to accomplish this now, I will report in on tonight's writing and the word count.

Megg

1 comment:

  1. So, I'm waiting for an update.

    Have you posted it yet?

    How about now?

    Okay, I'll wait.

    ?

    Seriously, Megan.

    Nevermind. I'll just call you.

    ReplyDelete