Sunday, June 24, 2012

Hello World



"Hello World.  How've you been?  Good to see you my old friend."

Last night was one stop on Lady Antebellum's We Own the Night tour with Darius Rucker and Thompson Square and I must say that it was one of the best concerts that I have been to.  Music has always been a great outlet for me...just like writing.  That's why I write best by putting my iTunes library on shuffle and spending the night writing and listening to music.  Last night though was so amazing.  I love Thompson Square and it was great getting to see them, and Darius Rucker just blew me away (especially with his song, Southern State of Mind and his rendition of Hank Jr.'s "Family Tradition").  But the energy that Lady A had on stage was just incredible and lit up the entire sold-out arena.  And their song, "Hello World" was so inspiring to hear live.  

The weird thing was that I wasn't even going to the concert.  My friend and I had tried to buy tickets a month ago and we couldn't get seats.  This past week, I was listening to the radio at work, and they were giving away tickets to the 24th caller and you had to name the 6 hottest songs that they had just played and the artist who sang them.  I figured, what did I have to lose by calling in?  The first two times it was busy, but the third time, there was a pause, and then a ring, and then someone picked up on the other end.  After a lot of freaking out and jumping around the office, I named off the six songs and won a pair of tickets to the sold-out concert.  I've called countless times before for various concerts and had never won that it almost stopped me from calling this time, but I'm so glad I did.

There was a reason I was at the concert last night, a reason why I got to feel the energy from the stage through the whole crowd.  It's left me feeling motivated and inspired and alive.

"Hello World."

No comments:

Post a Comment