Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thought for the Day

"Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at the moment."  Robert Benchley

No quote seemed to fit more perfectly than this one, seeing as how I am supposed to be working on my writing right now and not scouring the internet for quotes.  So, hopefully I will use this as motivation to get to work (as soon as I post this).  But Benchley is right: every task seems much easier as long as you're trying to get (in my case) twenty other things done at the time.  For example, today at work, I had all these great ideas for scenes in my book and couldn't wait to get home to start working.  Now that I'm in front of my computer though, I find myself procrastinating by surfing the internet...and watching tv...and checking twitter...and talking to my sister...you get the point.

Eventually though, there comes a time when we must finally get down to the work we are supposed to be doing, and that time for me is now.  And hopefully, it won't be another seven months before I update.

Megg

No comments:

Post a Comment