Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thought for the Day

"Writing became such a process of discovery that I couldn't wait to get to work in the morning:  I wanted to know what I was going to say."  Sharon O'Brien

I spend hours brainstorming and mapping out what happens in each scene and chapter.  Sometimes though, I like to just sit down at my computer and type, not knowing what was going to happen, but just seeing where my characters end up going.  And most of the time, I find it easier to write those scenes, where I don't have a clear view of what direction I'm headed.  And sometimes when you do have everything mapped out, it doesn't always work out that way, but if you're not following any type of plan, you can't go wrong.  You can just lose yourself in the writing and see where it takes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment